PUAEME004A Provide emergency care for suspected spinal injury
Information about the course:
This unit covers the competency required to minimise further injury to a casualty when applying first aid and waiting for emergency medical aid. The application of this unit in the workplace covers recognition and management of suspected spinal injuries.
The unit is typically relevant for personnel from emergency services and/or volunteer organisations or organisations which provide a first aid service in an environment where there is a risk of spinal injuries.
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace in an industry with high risk for spinal injury.
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support or
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (or equivalent) **copy must be provided at time of enrolment
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAEME004A Provide Emergency Care For Suspected Spinal Injury
- Full course: 5 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2.5 hours face-to-face training
Pre course study options:
There are no pre course study requirements for this course.
Related Course Documentation
- Course Information » Download
For more information regarding this course and bookings, please send us an enquiry